Sunday, May 15, 2005

Incredible Stupidity (Warning, Shock and Awe)

Around 2:30pm the other day, my boss relates to me a story. He is laughing and telling me how funny this story is. He then proceeds to tell me that one of our kindergarten students walked home from our school. The student was dropped off at our school by the bus at 9:30am. Our first classes start at 9:40am. For some reason unknown to me, he didn't walk up the stairs to the school. He then proceeded to walk home from our school. From our school to his house this is approximately 1.5 hours walking distance. I'm guessing it might take a 5 year old a little longer. My boss is laughing and telling me how funny it is that this kid was wondering around the city for several hours.

Me: Why didn't you call his mother when he didn't arrive for school?
Boss: He has been arriving late, I assumed he would be at school later.
Me: It's 2:30pm. You didn't bother to find out where he was until now?
Boss: No. I didn't have time.
Me: You don't teach any classes after 10:45am until now. What about the director? Could he have made a call?
Boss: It's not that important. He is at home now. (laughing)
Me: Oh my god. Dude, if you were in North America, you might get arrested for that kind of negligence. I can't believe you aren't concerned that a 5 year old boy was wondering the streets for several hours. This is ridiculous.
Boss (now turning a little more serious): Really?
Me: Yes.

The above is abbreviated. I just couldn't believe the sheer stupidity that was displayed on my schools behalf. Man was I pissed off. What the fuck? Does the kid have to get hit by a car, or heaven forbid something worse happen, before these idiots start to think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home